West mifflin pa dating


(Pittsburgh) This 13.5 x 17 inch parchment manuscript map of downtown Pittsburgh sold at auction in 2005 for ,000 to an apparently private owner. A virtually identical print had appeared in Day in 1843, so the same plate was used or copied. This map is the verso of page 115 from a publication by Phelps & Fanning; possibly Phelps' hundred cities and large towns of America: with railroad distances ... Illustrated with seals and thirty-one state maps in countries, and fourteen maps of cities.

The Historic Pittsburgh project has maps from the 1872 G. Hopkins Pittsburgh atlas and subsequent editions, as well as other maps and views of the city and some books that show maps. Hopkins and a similar copy appeared in the Hopkins' Atlas of the Cities of Pittsburgh, Allegheny, and the Adjoining Boroughs, 1872 (see Historic Pittsburgh ). Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1871... This small 2.5 x 8 inch vignette appears on an atlas map showing routes of the Panhandle Railroad and otherwise dated to 1875 or a little later. The old Point bridges are shown and Allegheny City is part of Pittsburgh. ONE WAY STREETS AND PARKING REGULATIONS PITTSBURGH, PA. This is an undated Gulf road map of Pittsburgh with no printer identified and in the form of a mailer. 1, 1919", so the map dates either 1918 or early 1919. The pages were an ad from the Union Trust Company celebrating its 50th anniversary; the accompanying 1889 print is shown above.

Sanborn real estate maps dating from 1867 to near the present can be found on some websites; the earliest seen for Pittsburgh dates to the 1880s. The inset at top left shows the cutoff section along the Monongahela; the second inset shows a section along the Allegheny cut off at the top. Although dated 1871 along the bottom, this view is later than the Krebs one of similar date above as two bridges are now shown at the point. The cover is similar to other Gulf 1918 road maps, so that dating is used here.

The Late War is the French and Indian War which ended circa 1763. The Pennsylvania Railroad comes down Liberty Avenue to a depot at the Point. This later view shows a Point bridge extending across the Allegheny River to the North Side.

This is the form of the fort begun in 1759 and the foundations and a surviving blockhouse can be seen today at Point State Park in Pittsburgh. There are no Point bridges, one bridge across the Mon called the Suspension Bridge.

It was abandoned by the British in 1772, taken over by Virginians in 1774 and renamed Fort Dunmore. The map itself was probably prepared earlier by "Cap. It shows the river system around Pittsburgh located at upper right. This map can be compared with the 1860 one below, also based on Mc Gowin's map. Thurston published Directory of Pittsburgh & vicinity for 1857-1858, which could be the source or a companion piece of this map.